Friday, October 23, 2009

troughs and plateaus... but no peaks

I'm still so down. And emotional. Mostly a little better, but just really flat. I spent the morning with my gorgeous cousin Kate and her baby Bailey. Bailey is the age of the baby I lost last year, had I not miscarried. We had a really wonderful morning (it was her birthday), but, as always, I was left longing. Desperately longing. And the lovely thing about Kate, which always brings me to the brink of tears, is she knows exactly what I'm enduring. I look into her eyes, and she understands. And she sees me. She really sees me. I'm tearing up now just thinking about it. She just knows. I say something, and she really knows.

It's such a shitty feeling, trying so hard, losing, getting my hopes up each month, getting my period, devastation, scared to death, seeing friends with babies, having to say congratulations through tears, seeing crappy mums who don't deserve to be mothers continuously have babies, knowing thousands of women go to abortion clinics every day to get rid of babies that are conceived at the 'wrong' time in their lives. And she looks in my eyes and knows. She knows it all. And it helps, but I'm devastated being so naked, so exposed, having my feelings so obvious. And there is so much love and sorrow in her eyes. She shouldn't have to look at me like that, I feel bad that she hurts for me like this. Us women who really deserve babies should just be able to have them. We shouldn't have to go through all of this pain, we shouldn't have to understand each other's agony like we do. But we do. And I'm so grateful for having her, for her knowing me, what's going on. Knowing that I can tell her anything and she knows.

Thank you Lord for my wonderful beautiful friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment